Next we went to Idaho for our Family Reunion. We go every other year with my Mom's family up to Island Park. It was so much fun. I didn't get any pictures since I didn't have my camera ready to go. We went rafting down the Snake River, 4-wheeling, Up to Yellowstone, and just enjoyed our time together. Thanks Mom and Dad for allowing us to be up there.
I came straight home from there and went to Vegas the next day with my school. We had a student that was nominated for an award at our big NAHA awards ceremony. It is kind of like the Academy Awards for hair. It is a huge honor just to be nominated for it. He didn't win but it was a blast being down there. It was my first time being away from Abby and leaving her overnight. Drew had her so that made it much easier. By Mond though I was dying to come home and see her. I swear I missed her more everyday that I was gone.
When I got home I was ready to just be here and not go anywhere. I missed being here with Drew and just being our family. We have been going to the pools and just being lazy.
I am not working right now cuz Miss Abby decided that she wants to be with only me. She screams anytime someone else has her besides Mom or Dad. My babysitter who normally watches her had her one day and she screamed from 11 in the morning till 6 at night when Drew picked her up. Ever since then anyone I leave her with she cries and cries. Even yesterday we went to my school so I could do my cousins eyelashes and she was holding her and Abby was screaming bloody murder for the whole time Tiff was holding her. She would start to shake and cry. Tiff said it sounded like someone was cutting her toes off. The weird part was was that I was standing right there. She could see me but it didn't help anything. It's hard cuz I love that she wants me but it's hard when she won't go to anyone. I don't spoil her either by always holding her when I am at home. She is on the ground a lot and in her Bumbo chair. So who knows what will happen or when I can go back to work.
We went to Abby's 6 month apt on July 9th. She weighed in at almost 17 lbs and is 27 in long. Big girl growing so strong. She is wearing all 6 month clothing. She has huge cheeks and cute chubby legs but her middle isn't at big so she still fits into some 3 month pants for her waist. She is eating baby food now and is sitting all by herself for the most part. She is almost getting the whole crawling thing. She will get up on her hands and knees and rock for a sec then fall. She scoots everywhere. She doesn't have any teeth just yet. She LOVES the pools and being in the water. She is just getting so big. I love it.
Well that has been our fun summer so far. Hopefully there will be more fun memories to come.
Abby 6 months old




2 comments:
hello, island park??! im 30 min from there! next time you come up for a family reunion you must stop by. i live right next to the temple so there is no excuse! im so mad at judy and gary who were eating at frontier pies here in rexburg with jordan and marlo and didn't even call me. abby is SOOOOO cute!!! i just want to kiss and pinch those cute cheeks!! i bet you do that all day long!
meg! i haven't seen you forever! i can't beleive abby is so big! i need to see her again! are you loving being home with her though??? especially since right now they do so many new things every day! we should take them swimming or something!
Post a Comment